Update 18 Release Notes (184.108.40.206)
Update 1.18 will be going live on 1/19/2021 on all platforms!
Astropedia Quick Access: A number of objects in the game now have quick access to relevant Astropedia information. When viewing a tooltip of one of these items, long press to open the Astropedia. These items include:
- All ingredient holograms.
- Planets in the shuttle view.
- Pieces of debris.
Updated Astropedia Information: Numerous Astropedia pages have been added or updated with more relevant information.
- Automation Items (Auto Arm, Auto Extractor, and Canisters)
- Logic Items (Sensors, Motion Sensors, and Repeaters)
- Alternate Crafting Modules (Soil Centrifuge, Shredders, and Trade Platform)
- All Planet pages have been given an update, giving more information about resources available on that planet and where to find them.
- All Resource pages have been updated to give more information on how to acquire each of the resources (locations, modules, etc).
Emote Selection Wheel: A new selection UI has been added for emotes. The new UI provides a visual preview of each assigned emote, and paves the way for more than four assignable emotes in the future. It also gives gamepad users access to a fourth assignable emote at long last!
- The wheel is activated with the [G] key on keyboard, or the [D-pad Up] button on gamepad.
- Emotes are selected with the [Mouse] or [Right Thumbstick], and activated by clicking with the [Left Mouse Button] or [Right Trigger], or by releasing the emote wheel key/button while an emote is selected.
Astroneer’s Second Anniversary: We’re officially two years old this February! To celebrate, players logging in during a particular timeframe will receive a unique party hat. Watch our socials for more details!
Nugget Updates: Visually upgraded resource nuggets, with the potential for performance improvements
EXO OUTFITTERS – New Items Available Now!
- Make Some Noise! Emote
- Mind Blown Emote
- Applause Emote
- Giddy Clapping Emote
- Orbital Headlamp Hat
- R.S.V.P Mask
- Glitterati Palette
- Evening Attire Palette
- Arcadia Palette
- Disco Fever Visor
- Blackout Visor
The following bugs have been fixed as of version 220.127.116.11:
- [AS-13740] Fixed an issue where printers were not auto-pulling resources directly from canisters and crafting modules on the same platform
- [AS-13713] Fixed an issue where auto arms were not placing resources onto printers
- [AS-12193] Fixed an issue where the Catalog descriptions for items exclusive to Creative Mode were incorrectly cased
- [AS-11164] Fixed a bug where the EXO Dynamics Outreach Participant and Let Me Borrow This Just a Second achievements were not unlocking when earned on Dedicated Servers
- [AS-7683] Fixed a bug in multiplayer where clients would continue to hear printer sound effects if they left the area before the printer finished printing
- [AS-7367] Fixed bug in multiplayer where the client would never hear sound effects for the worklight when it was turned on or off.
- [AS-7356] Fixed an issue in the Resources section of Astropedia where text boxes would overlap resource images in some languages (German, Dutch, Japanese).
System Era Merch Store: Today we are launching our online store! Expect lots of fun and unique items to come to the store in the coming months!